Hello, everyone! Today I am sharing some ways to use vitamin E oil for skin and hair. First of all, it is necessary to know what is vitamin E and what are its benefits/side effects.
What is Vitamin E oil?
Vitamin E oil is a powerful fat-soluble antioxidant that can rejuvenate your skin and overall health. By both consuming foods loaded with the nutrient and using products that contain vitamin E you’re actively protecting and nourishing your skin.
Vitamin E is available in form of capsules(Use a needle to poke a small hole in each capsule, and squeeze the oil into a small jar until only the skin of the capsule is left) or topical oil. Vitamin E oil may appear as alpha-tocopherol on the ingredient label of cosmetic products. You can buy vitamin E oil or capsules online or from any chemist’s shop.
Vitamin E oil Benefits:
- Vitamin E helps slow down the appearance of aging and potentially lower the risk of skin cancer.
- It can also protect your skin and scalp while healing damaged skin and scar tissue.
- Vitamin E also absorbs UVB light—the nasty spectrum of sunlight that’s responsible for burning and aging skin.
- It helps skin stay moisturised and supple.
- It reduces the appearance of stretch marks.
- It promotes hair growth.
- It treats split end problems in hair.
- It acts as a conditioner for hair.
Vitamin E oil Side effects:
Some people are sensitive to vitamin E oil, so it is a good idea to test a little on your skin before using it on your skin or hair. You can also develop a sensitivity to vitamin E oil over time, so pay attention to how the skin looks and feels after a few days of using vitamin E oil. Otherwise, it can cause:
- Allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face or lips.
- Severe burning, irritation, crusting, or swelling of the treated areas.
- Mild skin irritation.
- The growth of white hair.
That’s why do a little patch test before applying vitamin E oil on hair or skin.
To test the oil, apply 1-2 drops to the inside of your wrist and then massage it in. Wait 24 hours and then check your wrist to see how it looks. If there is any redness, dryness, itching or swelling, do not use the oil. If the area looks and feels normal, then you can use the oil.
If you are sensitive to heavy oils try diluting your vitamin E oil with an antiseptic like jojoba or grapeseed oil.
(Also read: 5 homemade face packs to get instant glow)
Vitamin E oil for skin and hair:
- Dab the vitamin E oil gently around your eyes, forehead, and mouth to prevent and improve facial wrinkles.
- Applying Vitamin E oil around the eyes is a great way to get rid of dark circles. Apply it for 2-3 days along with your normal cream and massage gently.
- Massage few drops of vitamin E oil for 5-10 minutes on scars to ensure that the oil is absorbed by the skin. Allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. Do this twice daily it will vanish the scars left behind by cuts, pimples and others.
- Use vitamin E oil on sunburns. It can help replenish the moisture that your skin loses from being out in the hot sun and can provide soothing relief from painful burns.
- Apply vitamin E oil directly onto the skin if you suffer from extremely dry skin, eczema or psoriasis.
- Massage vitamin E oil directly on stretch marks. With regular application, those lines will end up less noticeable. You can also Mix vitamin E oil with an equal amount of lemon juice. Massage this solution gently on the stretch marks for 5 to 10 minutes. Leave it on for about 30 minutes, then rinse it off with water. Do this daily for a few months for the marks to fade.
- Apply vitamin E oil on dry lips to make it soft and supple. It is effective against those painful cold sores also.
- Use a few drops of vitamin E oil on a cotton ball to wipe your face to get rid of dirt, grime, and other impurities.
- You can mix a few drops of vitamin E oil with your night moisturising lotion and apply it on your body before going to bed. It restores the lost moisture, and this is why it works best for the dry and damaged skin.
- Vitamin E is a great moisturiser for dry and rough hands. It helps keep your skin soft, supple and moisturised. You can add one tablespoon of vitamin E oil, the juice of 1 lemon and some honey to a small tub or bowl filled with lukewarm water. Soak your hands in it for 10 to 15 minutes. Pat dry, then apply some moisturizer. Follow this remedy a few times a week. Mix a little vitamin E oil with your body lotion and apply it on your hands to keep them moisturized for a longer period.
(Also Read: 5 homemade face packs to remove suntan)
- Vitamin E oil can be used in place of daily conditioner to keep hair soft and manageable. Shampoo your hair and rinse well, then wring out the excess water from your hair. Then, pour a quarter-sized amount of Vitamin E oil into the palm of your hand.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of vitamin E oil in 2 tablespoons of warm olive or coconut oil. Massage the mixture into your scalp using your fingertips in circular motions. Wait 30 minutes, then wash your hair as usual. Repeat this hair growth treatment 2 or 3 times a week.
- To use vitamin E oil to repair split ends, pour out a small amount of vitamin E oil into the palm of your hand. Rub your hands together then take the ends of your hair between your hands, working the vitamin E oil into the ends.You can use this treatment on wet or dry hair.
(Also Read: 21 efficient home remedies to control hair fall)
Buy Vitamin E oil from Amazon: (CLICK HERE)
Vitamin E oil can be applied around 5 times a week, but it depends on the quality of your skin. If you have dry skin or combination skin, use it thrice a week. If you have oily skin, use it once a week. So these are all about the vitamin E oil for skin and hair. Hope you found this article helpful