Hello, everyone! Sometimes we feel very low and lonely and staying positive seems like an uphill battle. But the only person accountable for your own happiness as well as sadness is only YOU. Here I will be suggesting some quick tips which might be helpful to uplift your mood on your bad days.
UPLIFT YOUR MOOD:
Although these quick tips to uplift your mood will be beneficial but simultaneously you have to mentally prepare yourself to recover from the stress/anxiety/any other difficult situations.
1.Walk/jump around the block: Yes, it will make you feel refreshed and energized.
2. Listen to upbeat music: Hop around a bit.
3. Declutter: Clear away your disorganized desk or closet or anything messy.
(Also Read: 1-minute stress relief strategies)
4. Get a good laugh: Tell yourself a joke or just read or watch some funny things.
5. Drink lots of water: Sometimes rehydrated body keeps the mind calm.
6. Do a good deed: Do some noble/social work or do some charity.
7. Chat up with somebody: Talk about anything random with your colleagues/classmates/neighbour or anyone from your family.
(Also Read: Do’s and Don’ts for being happy)
8.Get a move on: Do not give priority to the kinds of stuff which bother you.
9.Track the good stuff: Think about the good things happened to you today.
10.Open your shades: A boost of vitamin D can keep the blues at bay. Research says sunlight exposure is always good for your health and peaceful mind.
11. Think fast: If you are working or just sitting at home, just think about anything very fast. If you are doing something try to finish it up fast.
12. Play games: It may sound silly but it works. Whether it is an indoor or outdoor game it does not matter.
13. Chop veggies or cook anything: chopping up the veggies will distract you for a while. If you know cooking then please go on and make some yummy delicacies.It neutralizes negative mental state.
14. Sing loudly in the shower: Take a shower and sing as loud as possible. It will quickly relieve your mood.If you can’t take shower then just sing loudly.
15. Shopping: Money can’t buy happiness but nowadays it makes you very happy. So just rethink your retail therapy.
16. Inhale a calming scent: Flowers/any soothing perfume/incense sticks will do the job.
17. Flip through old photos: This trick will make you happy instantly. Recollecting happy memories always enhance the mood.
18. Munch on nuts/have some chocolate: These mood lifting snacks will never disappoint you
19.Meditation: A quick prayer or tapping into your spiritual side will calm you down.
20. Give someone a hug: If you can’t-do it then self-hug is also beneficial for your mood.
21.Allow yourself to vent: Venting out your frustration or speaking out your mind/heart in front of your dear ones will get you a peace of mind.
22. Eat a banana or have some banana smoothies/banana tea: This is because bananas contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin, known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier.
23.Pick up a pencil: Painting or drawing anything random keeps the stress at bay.
24. Fake a smile: If you can’t smile heartily then faking a smile will heal your mood gradually.So put on a happier face.
25. Chew a gum/Sniff a lemon/drink green tea: These might sound funny but it will boost your mood.
These are just simple tips which we already know but it does not come to our mind in bad days. As everybody says It is just a bad day, not a bad life. I hope this post will be helpful for you all.