Hello, everyone! Chocolate is loved by almost everybody. If you have sugar cravings but scared of gaining weight or breakouts then I have something for you today. Read the full post to stay young and beautiful with the help of chocolates.
BENEFITS OF CHOCOLATE:
Benefits of chocolate are numerous but only the dark chocolates have the skin and health benefits. The chocolate with minimum 70% of cocoa provides the benefits but the chocolates with sugar, caramel, and other fillings or less than 70% cocoa won’t give you the good results. It will cause various skin and health diseases. The dark chocolate tastes bitter so it is not popular among the people. But if chocolate is your weakness then go for only dark chocolates it will not only satisfy your cravings but also give you the beautiful skin and a healthy body.
(Also Read: Beauty benefits of rice water for hair and skin)
WHY ARE DARK CHOCOLATES HEALTHY?
- Dark chocolate is high in antioxidants. Flavonoids are phytonutrients found in cocoa that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It also contains minerals like copper, iron, and zinc, all of which promote cell growth.
Now I will discuss some points related to benefits the skin get from dark chocolate.
(Also Read: Benefits and uses of orange essential oil)
- Cocoa in Dark Chocolate helps reduce stress hormones, therefore less collagen breakdown in the skin, and lesser wrinkles.
- It protects your skin against adverse UV rays and thus helps in preventing sunburns and skin cancer.
- It nurtures your skin. Frequent consumption of dark chocolate helps you get a glowing complexion. It also keeps your skin well nourished.
- It helps in skin detoxification. It removes the dead skin cells and allows the newly exposed, fresh skin to breathe freely. Thus it leads to acne free skin.
- It prevents skin diseases like eczema.
- It protects your skin from drying out. The European Journal of Nutrition showed that consistently eating cocoa for 12 weeks reduced moisture loss in the skin by 25%.
- People who drink hot chocolate frequently have softer and smoother looking skin, because cocoa is very rich in antioxidants, even richer than green tea and red wine.
(Also Read: Top 10 ways to use lavender essential for skin)
Dark chocolate helps in keeping your skin healthy and glowing but if you eat around 340 grams bar daily then you are getting a lot more than just flavonoids- you are also getting fat, sugar, and lots of calories. 25-40 grams of dark chocolate per day or a cup of hot cocoa can be a great addition to your diet. Hence eat dark chocolate( with at least 70 % cocoa) and stay young, radiant and beautiful.