Hello, everyone! Today I will suggest 21 efficient home remedies to control hair fall and boost the hair regrowth. But if you are facing severe hair fall issue then please consult with your doctor. Hair fall can affect both men and women. It can happen due to pollution,hormonal imbalance, diet imbalance, genetic disorder, an under-active thyroid gland, hair styling tools & chemicals, Viral and chronic diseases, scalp infection, PCOD(polycystic ovary disorder), pregnancy, insufficient blood circulation in the scalp, hard water, dandruff and the list goes on.
So let’s get started.
HOME REMEDIES TO CONTROL HAIR FALL:
These home remedies to control hair fall gradually show the best results.
1.Massage lukewarm oil on your scalp 4-5 times a week to reduce hair fall. Try to use oils which are rich in vitamin E such as almond oil, coconut oil, mustard oil, jojoba oil and olive oil. If dandruff is the key problem then jojoba oil and lavender oil will be the best options.
Buy coconut oil from Amazon: (CLICK HERE)
Buy almond oil from Amazon: (CLICK HERE)
Buy olive oil from Amazon: (CLICK HERE)
Buy jojoba oil from Amazon: (CLICK HERE)
Buy lavender oil from Amazon: (CLICK HERE)
2.Take some Indian Gooseberries(Amla), remove the seeds and make a fresh a pulp. Apply it directly on your scalp and leave it for 45 min – 1 hour. Wash it off with water. You can add few drops of lemon juice in it if you want. As Gooseberries are rich in vitamin C these will promote the hair growth. Do this method twice a week.
3. Soak some fenugreek seeds overnight and make a paste. Apply this paste on your scalp and hair, leave it for 1 hour and cover your hair with the shower cap so that it does not get dry. Rinse it off with water. Use this remedy twice a week.
(Also Read: 12 easy home remedies to cure dandruff effectively)
4. Take 2 tablespoons of sour yogurt and 1 tablespoon of honey, apply this mixture on your hair and scalp and leave it for 30 minutes.Wash it off with water. You can skip honey as it is optional. Use this remedy 2-3 times a week.
Buy Honey from Amazon: (CLICK HERE)
Buy Honey from Flipkart: (CLICK HERE)
5.Take 1 onion and extract its juice. Apply on your scalp and hair with a cotton ball. Leave this for 30 minutes.Wash it off with a mild shampoo. You can mix rose water in onion juice to avoid bad odour. Use this remedy once a week. Onion has antibacterial properties and sulphur so it enhances the growth of the follicles and helps in soothing infections.
6. Prepare coconut milk(grind the grated coconut and squeeze it out) and apply it on scalp and hair with a brush. Cover your head with a towel. Keep this for 20-30 minutes and wash off with the shampoo. Do it once a week. Coconut milk is rich in vitamin E so it promotes hair growth and prevents hair fall.
7. Heat 12-15 hibiscus flowers in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Strain the solution and collect the oil. Apply this oil to the scalp and hair, leave overnight and wash in the morning with a shampoo. You can use hibiscus leaves if you want.Take a handful of leaves, make a fine paste. Apply it on scalp and hair, leave for 1 hour. Wash off with the shampoo. Follow this remedy once a week.
8. Mix 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel(fresh/readymade) and 1 tablespoon of yogurt. Blend these together and apply the mask on hair. Leave It for 20-30 minutes. Wash off with your regular shampoo. Use this remedy 2 times a week. It prevents hair fall and heals scalp infections.You can massage fresh aloe vera gel on the scalp, let it sit for 30 minutes and wash off with the shampoo.
Buy aloe vera gel from Amazon: (CLICK HERE)
Buy aloe vera gel from Flipkart: (CLICK HERE)
9.Mix 10-12 tablespoons of lemon juice with 3-4 tablespoons of coconut or olive oil and massage it gently on your hair. Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse it off using a mild shampoo. Lemon has vitamin C, vitamins B like B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, antioxidants and folic acid, which help in controlling hair fall, infections and itching on your scalp.
(Also Read: 5 homemade hair packs to get soft and shiny hair)
10. Massage your hair with argan oil every day. It will promote blood circulation on your scalp and control hair fall.
Buy argan oil from Amazon: (CLICK HERE)
Buy argan oil from Flipkart: (CLICK HERE)
11.Drink beetroot juice daily or include it in your regular diet for fast hair growth. To use beetroot leaves on your hair, boil the beetroot leaves in water and make a paste. Apply this thick paste to scalp and leave it on for 30 minutes. Rinse off with water. Follow this remedy twice a week. Beetroot is rich in phosphorous, calcium, protein, potassium, carbohydrates, Vitamin B and C which boost hair growth.
12. Take 2 eggs, Mix only the egg whites to get a thick consistency. Apply this on your scalp and hair with a brush. Let it sit for 30 minutes, wash off with shampoo. Follow this procedure twice a week. You can add olive oil in egg whites if you want. Eggs are a rich in protein, vitamin B, and essential nutrients for healthy hair growth.
13. Mix one part of apple cider vinegar in one part of the water in a spray bottle and spray onto your scalp and hair. Massage gently and leave on for 5 minutes, wash off with a mild shampoo. If you do not like the smell of apple cider vinegar, mix a little amount of your regular oil to the vinegar and use it. Repeat this procedure twice a week. Apple cider vinegar maintains the pH level of the scalp.
Buy apple cider vinegar from Amazon: (CLICK HERE)
14.Mix castor oil and extra virgin coconut oil in equal quantity. Blend the oils properly and heat them, massage the hot oil mixture onto your scalp and hair in a gentle circular motion.Leave it overnight, wash it off in the morning with your regular shampoo. You can wrap your head with a towel or shower cap to avoid the mess. Use this method twice a week. Alternatively, you can use castor oil by itself. Massage castor oil in your scalp and hair. Leave it for 2 hours, wash off with the shampoo.Castor oil is rich in Vitamin E, minerals, proteins, and Omega 6 and 9 beneficial fatty acids and has natural antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Buy extra virgin coconut oil from Amazon: (CLICK HERE)
Buy extra virgin coconut oil from Flipkart: (CLICK HERE)
Buy castor oil from Amazon: (CLICK HERE)
15.Collect a handful of fresh curry leaves, clean and dry them in the air. Heat 2 cups of extra virgin coconut oil and add the dried curry leaves in it.Boil it for 10 minutes and then remove from the heat. Once the oil cools down, strain the leaves and store the oil in an airtight container. Use this oil for massaging your scalp and hair, Let it sit for 3-4 hours and wash off with your regular shampoo. Use this remedy twice a week.
16. Take some potatoes, extract its juice and apply it on your scalp and hair. Leave it for 20-30 minutes, Wash off with a mild shampoo. You can add 1 teaspoon of honey in the juice if you want.Follow this method once a week. Potatoes contain potassium, vitamin C, and iron which control hair fall.
17. Massage Grape seed oil/Bhringraj oil on hair, leave it overnight and wash off with the shampoo in the morning. Grape seed oil contains vitamin E, proteins, antioxidants, minerals which promote healthy hair growth. Bhringraj oil helps in blood circulation on the scalp and revitalizes the hair follicles.
Buy grapeseed oil from Amazon: (CLICK HERE)
Buy grapeseed oil from Flipkart: (CLICK HERE)
Buy bhringraj oil from Amazon: (CLICK HERE)
Buy bhringraj oil from Flipkart: (CLICK HERE)
18.Make a strong tea decoction by boiling 3 tablespoons of tea leaves in one cup of water and strain the liquid. Squeeze one lemon into the decoction.Rinse your hair with this mixture after shampoo. Then wash off with fresh water. Follow this method once a week. Tea contains tannic acid which boosts hair growth.
19.Soak 5-7 soap nuts(Ritha) and 5-6 shikakai strands in 3 cups of warm water overnight. In the morning boil it till the water is reduced to 1/3rd. Once it cools down, strain the soap nuts and shikakai. Store the liquid in an airtight container and use it to wash your hair 2-3 times a week.
20.If dandruff is the reason for your hair fall, then soak a few strands of licorice roots in milk for 2-3 hours. Grind the mixture to make a paste and apply this paste on the scalp before going to the bed. Leave it overnight and wash off with the shampoo in the morning. Follow this process twice a week.
21. Boil the neem leaves in water for 10-15 minutes. Let it cool down, apply it on your scalp after shampooing your hair. Wash it off with water after 30 minutes. Repeat the process twice a week.
These remedies definitely help in preventing hair fall issues but you have to maintain a nutritious diet and a healthy lifestyle as well. Try to avoid chemicals, colors, styling tools for a while, follow these remedies and notice the change.